Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment devices type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the crane duty helical gearbox required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, see in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the rated HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Because the consumed HP is usually 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3